Any reference to "you" or "your" means you as a user of our website at www.tomy.co.uk ("Website"). Any reference to "we", "us" or "our" is to TOMY Europe Co., Ltd.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and have notified the Information Commissioner's Office about our data processing activities under notification number Z4630267.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you register online with us in order to obtain certain products and services from the Website, we will ask you for information about yourself. You can visit the Website without providing this information. When you register with the Website, we may collect the following information about you:
- your name and email address;
- your user name and password;
- your full address and contact telephone number; and
- your children's details: name, date of birth and gender.
In addition, whether or not you register with our Website, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- details of transactions you carry out through the Website and the fulfilment of your orders;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys / feedback forms that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website; and
- details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration ( and to report aggregate information to our advertisers). This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
In addition, we may use "cookies" or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you (see section entitled "Cookies" below).
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
OUR USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- to enable you to use any services that we may from time to time provide through the Website;
- to inform you of and enable you to participate in competitions and offers for certain products and services which may be of interest to you, unless you inform us otherwise, and to administer the competition prize where you are a prize winner;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any orders which you make for any of our products and services;
- to correspond with you and otherwise deal with any issues regarding your online order including delivery, cancellations, enquiries or complaints;
- to send you updates about the Website;
- for general research purposes, to allow us to develop the products and services we can offer to you and to develop and improve the Website;
- for website administration (including enabling us to respond to any comments on the Website or feedback you may give us); and
- send you and keep you updated with information by [email] about existing and new products and services from us (and/or related products or services of selected third parties).
You may opt-out of receiving information about our competitions, offers and our products and services (and those of third parties) by unticking the relevant boxes when you register or purchase online.
Your Personal Information may be passed to and used by our group companies and to our third party partners and service providers in connection with providing products and services to you over the Website, including (but not limited to) fulfilment of your order, processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. At any time the data we collect from you may be transferred to, stored at and/or processed by staff operating in a destination outside the European Economic Area, whose data protection laws may not be as extensive as in the European Economic Area. However, we have taken appropriate steps to ensure that the level of protection for the transfer, storing and processing of the data in these countries is at least equal to that provided within the European Economic Area. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
We may also disclose your Personal Information in the following instances: (i) if we are required to do so by applicable law or pursuant to a court or similar order, or to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence, or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders; (ii) as deemed necessary, in our discretion, to protect our legal rights or property or the legal rights or property of an individual who registers with the Website or third party, or to prevent personal injury; (iii) to our employees and agents as required for the fulfilment of your order/s; and/or (iii) in connection with a sale, merger, assignment, joint venture or other transfer or disposition of a portion or all of our assets or stock or our affiliated entities (including, without limitation, in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We do not pass or sell your personal information to third persons for any other purposes than those set out above. Any marketing referred to in the section entitled "Our use of your Personal Information" is conducted by us on behalf of third parties and they do not have any access to your data unless you yourself choose to contact them. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.]
HYPERLINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We reserve the right to move or change the Website URL at any time in order to meet changing business needs and to continually improve our online service. External websites link to the Website at their own risk.
When you view or use the Website we may store information on the hard drive of your computer in the form of a "cookie" (essentially a small text file). Cookies allow us to tailor the Website to your interests and preferences. For example, a cookie might contain information about the web pages you have visited on the Website, which could allow us to customise your next visit to the Website. However, cookies do not allow us access to the rest of your computer and we do not use them to collect personally identifiable information about you.
- allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and avoid having to re-enter information;
- within registration to allow you to access stored information;
- help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly;
- speed up searches; and/or
- within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
You may occasionally get cookies from our advertisers or other third parties with links on the Website, for example Facebook, Twitter or YouTube. We do not control these cookies and cannot prevent such websites from collecting information about your usage of their services on our Website. The use of advertising cookies sent by third-party servers is standard in the internet industry.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to keep it up-to-date. Please let us know as soon as possible if your Personal
Information changes by sending the details to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to incorporate the changes as soon
YOUR RIGHT TO SEE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to request a copy of the Personal Information that we hold on you and to have any errors in that information corrected. We may charge a reasonable fee for such requests as permitted by law. Please address your request to email@example.com. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete Personal Information about you on our files.