WE’RE SEARCHING FOR BEST FRIENDS TO TEST OUR TOYS
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 5TH JULY! – GET YOUR CHILD’S CV IN NOW!
We’re on the hunt for a pair of best friends to join our team and become our official toy testers. Billed as the best job in the world for kids, we’re looking to recruit two children who are all-time besties. The hopeful friends should love playing with toys, adore role play and not be camera shy!
The chosen best friends will be given the role of a lifetime, with the opportunity to test our vast range of toys and be treated to unprecedented and exclusive access - ahead of anyone else - to the coolest new toys. If that wasn’t enough, they will also be invited to attend the ultimate party at Hamleys in London and receive £100 worth of toy shop vouchers.
Sound good so far? All you need to apply on behalf of your child and their best friend is to submit a picture CV and covering letter detailing why the pair are the ideal candidates for the job. Make sure you act quick as applications are only open until Friday 5th July, parents should email their child’s submission to email@example.com.
Five children and their best friends will then be shortlisted and sent their ‘first assignment’ requiring parents to send a video of the children reviewing a TOMY product at home.
The dream job has been created to celebrate the launch of TOMY’s latest range, Ritzy Rollerz, which is a series of collectible, super adorable characters - specifically for children aged 4-7 years, who love rolling adventures.
Featuring 12 characters who are the best of friends including; Helena Heelz, Donut Dani, Frenchy Braid and Groovy Gaby. The characters can be collected and customised to fit an individual’s personality. The range also includes three playsets - Heelz on Wheelz Shoe Shop Playset with Helena Heelz, Sprinklez on Wheelz Donut Shop Playset with Donut Dani and Dance n Dazzle Spa Playset with Tori Tada – one of the popular alternative characters.
Please see below T&C’s for the competition.
Terms & Conditions
- This prize promotion is open to all UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 4-12, except for anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of the prize promotion (including TOMY UK CO., LTD employees and their immediate families).
- Entrants must have parental or guardian permission before entering the competition. This must be provided for both children being entered into the competition.
- Parental permission will be requested upon receival of the entry. Parents of both children will be required to fill out a form by email return. Any entrants received that do not have accompanying parental or guardian permission within two days of the closing date will be automatically deleted.
- To enter, send a picture of your child and their best friend to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12-noon, Friday 5th July 2019, include a covering letter stating why you think your child and their best friend are the ideal applicants, your child’s full name, age and hometown, and that of your child’s best friend, as well as a mobile number for the parent/guardian of both children entered into the competition.
- Entries that are incomplete, lost, mislaid, damaged, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatever reason will not be accepted. Any comments that we consider (in our absolute discretion) to be vulgar, offensive, indecent, racist, copied, offensive, cruel or fraudulent, or infringe on the rights or others will be immediately removed.
- The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
- Everyone who meets the entry criteria will be entered into the competition for consideration.
- Only one entry method per pair of friends.
- No third party or bulk entries. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple email addresses, fraudulently falsifying data, acting fraudulently or dishonestly in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified and any prize entitlement will be void.
- Five winners (10 people in total), will be shortlisted and their entries, names, ages and hometowns will be shared with respective local press, national press and on TOMY (and toy retail partners) social media channels. Permission to do so will be outlined in the original form before the shortlist is selected. Consent is withdrawable at any time, however failure to provide permission for TOMY to publish this information will result in your child/s being removed from the competition.
- All shortlisted winners will be sent their ‘first assignment’ – a TOMY product to review at home. Parents will be required to submit videos (video guidance below) of the children playing with the toys to be considered for the position.
- All shortlisted winners will be then expected to attend a national launch party in London on Sunday 4th August. Travel, food and drink will be provided. The shortlisted winners must be accompanied by at least one adult per child; a parent or guardian over 18 years of age. Parental permission will be obtained to capture photos/videos of your child/s at this event to be used in marketing material (for use with local press, national press and use on social media). Failure to attend this event will result in your child/s being disqualified from the competition.
- All shortlisted winners will receive a Ritzy Rollerz toy bundle to take home as a prize at the national launch party event in London. The overall winning pair will become the official TOMY ambassadors for the duration of 2019, being required to attend filming days for marketing material usage including; press releases to local/lifestyle/national press, social media, and use on the TOMY website.
- Entries must be received by the time specified in these terms and conditions to be in with a chance of winning. All competition entries received after the time specified are automatically disqualified and deleted.
- All entries (excluding the winners) will be deleted after 90 days.
- There is no cash or alternative to the prize stated and we cannot send the prize to anyone other than the named winner. The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be resold. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for an alternative one of the same or higher value.
- The winners will be notified via email or telephone of their shortlisting and to arrange attendance of the local and national events. This contact will be made on Monday 8th July.
- The winner will have two days to respond confirming all details including permissions.
- We may ask winners for proof of identity.
- If a prize is not claimed within two days of that winner being notified, the prize will be redrawn and awarded to a new winner. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- We reserve the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion for whatever reason, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but if this happens we will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- The promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- As part of the introduction of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have updated our Privacy Notices. These Privacy Notices set out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed. The Promoter will only process your personal information as set out in the Privacy Notice: https://uk.tomy.com/privacy. By entering into this competition and providing us with your information, you agree to these terms and conditions and our Privacy Notices. The Promotor is only using the personal data of the entrants to administer the competition on the basis that it is necessary for entering or performing a Contract.
- The Promoter is: TOMY UK CO., LTD., Hembury House Pynes Hill, Rydon Lane, Exeter, Devon, EX2 5AZ.
- The application and interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England.
Film both children face on playing with the toys, reviewing the products. Please follow the below video specification guide.
- Video format: MP4
- Length: 3 seconds to 60 seconds
- Under 50MB
- Orientation: square, portrait, and landscape
- Aspect ratio: a minimum of 1.91:1 and a maximum of 4:5